Today's discussion:

Welcome to Hub Forum

Welcome to our new forum for substantive discussion and debate about the important public policy issues facing the country. Tomorrow we kick off with the inaugural Hub Forum on housing’s impact on the economy. Get ready for a rich discussion of the issues that matter!

Read article

Comments (29)

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Please wait...
Your comment has been posted and should appear immediately.
You comment has been received but needs to be moderated before it appears.
Oops! Something went wrong. Please try again or contact us for help.
Harriet Worden

This will be great, looking forward to Discussions

12th September 2023 at 8:07 am
Rudyard Griffiths

Since we started the Hub in Spring 2020 one of our longstanding goals has been to create a fellowship of ideas – e.g. a place where people who are interested in public policy and national affairs can share their insights, learn from one another and contribute to clearer thinking on the big issues of the moment. Thank you for your patience readers we have learned more about you and how you want to interact with The Hub. This forum is our first foray into creating a fellowship and look forward to your thoughts and suggestions about it as it rolls out over the coming days. Please send comments and feedback to editorial@thehub.ca. And, look forward to seeing you tomorrow morning for our inaugural Hub Forum that will give readers the opportunity to unpack an important new report by Geoff Russ on housing impact on the economy. Sean Speer will help guide the discussion in the morning and Geoff will join with his feedback on your question and comments in the afternoon. Should be a great experiment of what Hub Forum can deliver.

12th September 2023 at 7:33 am
Rick Ryerson

Very much looking forward to the new format.

12th September 2023 at 7:34 am
Rudyard Griffiths

Thanks Rick!

We have tried to make Forum as easy as possible to use. No login. No passwords. Simply put in your name, type and click. You can also up and down vote comments and sort comments by recent vs. most popular.

12th September 2023 at 8:07 am
Rudyard Griffiths 2?

Me thinks this could be a problem.
I’m not Rudyard, but I can pretend to be could I not?
Agree with Rob Tyrrell.

16th September 2023 at 7:39 am
Rob Tyrrell

Alas, today’s (Sept 18) forum is already spiraling.
What is the opposite of nuance?
example 1: “…hard-right conservatism of Pierre Poilievre”
example 2: “The communists of the NDP…”
example 3: WEF, UN, et al something something vague

18th September 2023 at 9:42 am
Rob Tyrrell

Is it correct that the forum will require no assertion of identity at all?
It may seem like a tranquil and good faith back-corner of the internet with a relative handful of subscribers now, but without some controls it could degrade pretty quickly. Even with controls – verified email address, login, moderation (poor) – the CBC forums content is high in quantity and dismally low on quality.
A little friction now may save a lot later.

13th September 2023 at 9:39 am
Sean

We are proud to launch Hub Forum to enable doscussion and debate within The Hub’s growing community. What better subject to officially kick it off tomorrow than Geoff Russ’s latest on how Canada has become a country attached to a real estate market? Happy debate.

12th September 2023 at 7:31 am
Stuart Thomson

Welcome to Hub Forum. We’re excited for you to join the conversation.

12th September 2023 at 7:23 am
Paul Haliburton

I’m looking forward to being able to provide comment and feedback on your analysis/discussions/opinions.

12th September 2023 at 9:34 am
Karen Leon

Great idea!

12th September 2023 at 7:52 am
Murray Sondergard

Looking forward to hearing the thoughts of The Hub’s audience!

12th September 2023 at 3:39 pm
Dale Hodgson

Great idea!!

12th September 2023 at 12:46 pm
Alister Campbell

Just what Canada needs…more Hub…better Hub…excited to be part of it!

12th September 2023 at 12:39 pm
darrenmatwichuk@gmail.com

Between the frenetic aimless chaos of twitter and the State driven truth avoiding MSM … The Hub has emerged as the Canadian vehicle to ponder, discuss and advance key thoughts on vital issues of the day. This should make it even better !

12th September 2023 at 10:06 am
Dan Brown

Odd that you hail the Hub so highly given your view of MSM. Did you miss the per diem article from the Hub where preserving the CBC is in that opinion piece, necessary for maintaining honest and accessible journalism in Canada?

13th September 2023 at 11:10 am
Kico Slabinac

Looks good!

12th September 2023 at 3:59 pm
Brent Cameron

A great step forward. Building on The Hub’s already strong foundation!

12th September 2023 at 1:46 pm
Jack Mitchell

Really looking forward to this, just what the discussion of public policy in Canada urgently needs. Great for readers, great for writers.

12th September 2023 at 12:22 pm
Robert Phillips

love the idea – more collaboration from supporters, readers, and now participants

12th September 2023 at 12:08 pm
Mario Paolucci

Looking forward to it. Keep up the excellent work!

12th September 2023 at 9:30 am
Eric Christensen

Great, looking forward to the discussions

12th September 2023 at 9:19 am
Patricia Jay

I’ve often felt I wanted to comment on some of the discussions, especially when I thought a female view was missing:). This is great, I’m sure there will be kinks to iron out but a forum insisting on respect will be very welcome!

11th November 2023 at 5:29 pm
Rob T

Great! Hopefully the listening generated content proves to be a rich discussion!
Although it goes against human nature, we citizens need to be more fired up about nuanced policy options and more indifferent to the outrage industry.

13th September 2023 at 7:20 am
Rob T

…and perhaps, no, definitely, a comment editing feature would be welcome! 😀

13th September 2023 at 7:21 am
Kevin

Looking forward to this. Great idea.

12th September 2023 at 7:47 pm
Vi Larson

I no longer watch TV news, only The Hub and True North. Just want to know the TRUTH about events and people.

12th September 2023 at 6:41 pm
Dan Brown

If you no longer follow mainstream news you are seriously limiting your exposure to the truth. I applaud the Hub for its honesty, but internet news is not as regulated as mainstream media and are permitted to pass opinion as fact, lies as truth.
True North is not always as honest and often shares the fabrications created by the Prouds.
I am not saying they are not worth reading, they are not the only truth.

13th September 2023 at 11:05 am
Jo Wearing

Looking forward to the discussion.

12th September 2023 at 6:36 pm